Updated 12 June 2018
Please note that this Policy has been updated in accordance with the requirements of EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). When you use Beespoke there are also expectations for how you must respect and protect the privacy of other members. These are spelt out in our Member Agreement. Please read it. Violating these rules or other aspects of the Member Agreement may lead to a loss of account privileges, potentially including a permanent ban from Beespoke.
Beespoke is the private network to help you find and share word of mouth recommendation of local services with your friends, neighbours and local communities. Beespoke” here to refer to the Beespoke websites and our iOS and Android apps (also referred to as our “Services”) that provide you with access to that platform. We also use “Beespoke” to refer to the companies operating our Services.Beespoke is operated and provided to you by BLT Online Solutions Ltd, a company registered with Companies House in England and Wales under number 10134024.
We use “Beespoke” here to refer to the Beespoke websites and our iOS and Android apps (also referred to as our “Services”) that provide you with access to that platform. We also use “Beespoke” to refer to the companies operating our Services.
Beespoke is operated and provided to you by BLT Online Solutions Ltd, a company registered with Companies House in England and Wales under number 10134024.
For the purposes of EU data protection law, BLT Online Solutions Ltd is also your data controller.
Beespoke relies on a number of legal bases to collect, use, share, and otherwise process the information we have about you for the purposes described in this Policy.
We process your information in furtherance of the following legitimate interests:
•Keeping the Services safe and secure: We use your information as it is necessary to pursue our and our members’ legitimate interests in ensuring Beespoke is secure, such as by implementing and enhancing security measures and protections, protecting against fraud, spam and abuse, and enforcing our Member Agreement.
•Providing, improving and developing the Services: We use your information to provide the Services, including any personalised services. We do so as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests of providing an innovative and tailored offering to our members on a sustained basis.
These legal bases include:
• as is necessary to perform the Member Agreement and to provide the Services;
• where you have consented to the processing, which you may revoke at any time;
• for Beespoke to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise and defend legal claims;
• when necessary to protect your vital interests, or those of others;
• where you have made the information manifestly public;
• where necessary in the public interest; and
• where necessary for the purposes of Beespoke’s or a third party’s legitimate interests, such as those of visitors, members or partners.
We process your information in furtherance of the following legitimate interests:
• Keeping the Services safe and secure: We use your information as it is necessary to pursue our and our members’ legitimate interests in ensuring Beespoke is secure, such as by implementing and enhancing security measures and protections, protecting against fraud, spam and abuse, and enforcing our Member Agreement.
• Providing, improving and developing the Services: We use your information to provide the Services, including any personalised services. We do so as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests of providing an innovative and tailored offering to our members on a sustained basis.
In providing the Services, we collect or receive information in several different ways. In many cases you choose what information to provide, although some information is required in order to use Beespoke and for us to provide the Services. We use this information for the purposes that are described further below.
From you, or with your permission. We collect a variety of information from you when you provide it to us directly, when we request it from you, or when you give us permission to get it from a third party source. We provide some examples of these below:
• When you register for Beespoke, you provide your name, address, phone number, profile photo, email address, and similar information.
• If you decide to invite new members to join Beespoke, you can choose to share their name, email address, phone number with us, so we can send an invitation and follow-up reminders on your behalf.
• If you use Facebook log in to Beespoke (or later connect your accounts for example uploading your profile photo), you authorise Facebook to share your personal information with us, including your name, list of friends, and email address.
• If you want to support a local business, you can choose to share information about it, in the form of a Recommendation or by creating a Local Profile.
• If you want to communicate with other members and share Content (as defined in our member agreement), you might post something on Beespoke.
• If you contact us with a support request or comments, you provide us with your contact information and a description of the issue so we can respond.
From your browser and device. Like nearly every other online service, we automatically collect technical information created when you visit or use Beespoke or read a message from us. We collect information from your browser, computer, or mobile device, which provide us with technical information when you use Beespoke as a visitor or member, including:
• Device data which tells us about the device you’re using: what type and model it is, its operating system and version, its unique identifier, crash data (if applicable), and what settings you’ve enabled. Your device and software settings affect what information your device makes available to us.
• Log data which is automatically recorded by our servers based on data sent by your app or browser. This typically includes the date and time you visited, the browser or app version you used (and its settings), the URLs you came from and go to, your IP address and protocol, and how you used Beespoke (for example, which links you clicked on).
• Cookie data which comes from “cookies” (small data files stored on your computer or mobile device) and similar technologies. Cookie data helps us recognise you, remember your preferences, and learn more about you; some, but not all, cookie data is associated with your Beespoke account.
From third parties and public sources. We work with third parties and may receive information about you from them. Below is a non-exhaustive list of third parties we may work with. We reserve the right to work with other third parties or stop working with the below third parties.
• Facebook - To log in to the Platform and use its Services.
• Onfido – To provide ID verification at our discretion.
• The Disclosure & Barring Service, Disclosure Scotland & Access Northern Ireland – To check DBS credentials at our discretion.
• Google Analytics – To monitor App performance & user experience.
• Twilio – To enable text messaging for activation of accounts.
• Mailchimp – To assist in management of emails to users
We use the information we have to help us provide, operate, improve, understand, customise, support, and market our Services.
Establishing and developing local communities and member networks. We use information to identify and invite potential new members, and to set up new communities. For example, we use the information we have to identify new members and, if you ask us to, send invitations and reminders on your behalf, send direct-mail invitations, invite your Facebook friends.
Setting you up on Beespoke. In order to enable us to operate and provide the Services, we use information to get you started.
• If you sign up via Facebook or connect your accounts, we use your Facebook information to automatically create your Beespoke account, populate your profile, and request a password, so you can log into Beespoke in the future without connecting through Facebook.
• Once you register, your personal information is used to populate your profile.
• We use business information to create Local Profiles, which help members learn about the businesses in their communities.
• For business or other special accounts, we may verify your address, phone number and services using third-party or publicly available sources, such as business listings or your website.
Provide and improve the Services. We use information to operate Beespoke and to improve our products and features:
• To help you publish Content and view and respond to Content from other members.
• To select top posts in an area and to deliver and tailor your newsfeed.
• To help support businesses recommended by Beespoke members.
• To understand the aggregate and anonymised trends, usage statistics, and demographic data of the members.
• To respond to your support requests and comments.
• To test and evaluate potential new products and features on Beespoke.
• To diagnose and resolve problems, analyse trends, and monitor aggregate usage and resource needs.
• For our own marketing activities, such as carrying out analysis to create statistics on and insights into the use of our Services.
Advertising. We use information to provide and improve advertisements and other commercial offerings:
• To measure whether an advertisement was interesting to members.
• To measure whether an advertisement was effective for the advertiser.
• To help personalise advertisements based on what we think will be of interest to you.
We may customise advertising offerings you see on Beespoke based on information from our advertisers or vendors, on the demographics of your communities, or on your actions on Beespoke.
You benefit from a number of rights in relation to your information that we process. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below.
Access and Porting. You can access much of your Beespoke information by logging into your Beespoke account. For EU member accounts, if you require additional access or if you are not currently a Beespoke member, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of your Beespoke information. Where legally required, we will provide your information in an easily accessible format and assist in transferring some of this information to third parties.
Rectify, Restrict, Limit, Delete. You can also rectify, restrict, limit or delete much of your Beespoke information by logging into your Beespoke account. If you cannot do this, please email us at email@example.com.
Object. If we process your information based on our legitimate interests explained above, or in the public interest, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons. Where we use your data for direct marketing, you can always object using the unsubscribe link in such communications or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You choose about whether, how, and with whom you share Content:
• You can share Content with other Beespoke members, in the form of a private message from you to other members, or a post shared with your local members, members of the communities you’ve joined, and your list of friends. Some types of Content, such as Recommendations, may be shared more widely across Beespoke as “public,” meaning other members may be able to access them too. Use the selections available when you post Content to control visibility.
• Recommendations and comments tagged to a Professional may be viewable on their Local Profile and may be shared with the business.
• When you recommend a business, it may be viewable on the business’s Local Profile with your profile picture, name. We may also share your contact details with this business, so they may get in touch with you to thank you.
• If a business you recommend advertises on Beespoke, your Recommendation may appear in, near, or adjacent to advertisements from the recommended business.
• Replies (other than Recommendations) in a conversation are visible to the same members as the original post that started the conversational thread. When replying to a post, your profile picture, name and communities can be seen by anyone who can see the original post.
• You can delete your posted Content from Beespoke as long as your account is active, with the limited exceptions noted below: Private messages from you to a specific member or members cannot be individually deleted, whether from your side or from the inbox of the recipient(s). (If you delete your account, private messages may remain visible to the recipient(s) but attributed without your identity (e.g., “A Member”), along with all of your other posted Content. Please note that deleting a post will result in removal of all replies to that post too.
We may retain your information in our server logs, our databases and our records for as long as necessary in light of the purposes set out in this Policy, subject to any legal obligations to further retain such information. We may retain your verification-related information for a reasonable period of time, even if you do not complete all verification steps, to assist with future verifications and to prevent abuse of our verification processes. If you decide not to verify the account and would like us to delete the verification information you provided, please email us at email@example.com
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
To request deletion of your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org; account deletion may take up to one month.
• Account deletion ends all email notifications
• Account deletion deletes all of your previously posted Content and all data relevant to you except that: (a) private messages may remain visible to the recipient(s) but attributed without your identity (e.g., “A Member”); and (b) we may retain account records to the extent we believe necessary for legal, safety, or other legitimate reasons.
• Because deletion removes your account information from our systems, you may in the future receive new invitations to join Beespoke.
Data Security. Beespoke uses technical and organisational measures intended to keep your data secure, including using https on our web pages to reduce the risk of unauthorised interception of your communications during your visits to the website. However, the internet is not a fully secure environment and we cannot guarantee that your personal information won’t be intercepted or improperly accessed. Please ensure that you keep your password safe and do not share it with anyone.
Other Services and Websites. In using Beespoke, you may come across links to websites and services operated by third parties. These third parties have their own privacy policies, which will apply to your activity if you click on the link and access their website or service. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for such external sites’ privacy and security practices.
Amendments. From time to time we may make changes to this Policy, so please review it periodically. If we materially change our Policy, we will take steps to notify you in advance of the change, for example by emailing you or by posting a notice.