Updated 4 July 2017
This Policy and our Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) apply to your use of the App, Portal, and Services.
We act as agents of the Service Professionals (“Providers”) who use our Platform. In providing our Services, we may collect and process the following data about you:
1.1 – Information you provide
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Website, on our App, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Platform, subscribe or use to our Services, when you report a problem with our Platform or contact us for any other reason. It will also include any further information that you provide in relation to your booking, either to us or to your Provider. It may also (with your consent) include details obtained from your social network, your mobile device (“Device”) contacts list and details of community groups you have a connection with.
1.2 - Information Beespoke collects about you
With regard to each of your visits to our Website or use of our Platform, we may automatically collect the following information:
• Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site or our App(s) (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, length of visits to certain pages, download errors, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
• Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; your login information; browser type, version, country and language; time zone setting; browser plug-in types and versions; operating system and platform;
• Other information stored on your Device: contact information, friends lists, details of your use of our Platform or Services, and resources that you access, any user preferences that you have configured.
1.3 - Information received from other sources
We work with third
parties and may receive information about you from them. Below is a
non-exhaustive list of third parties we may work with. We reserve the right to
work with other third parties or stop working with the below third parties.
• Facebook – To allow you to sign in with your Facebook credentials and import friends from your Facebook friend list.
• Stripe – To provide payment services.
• Onfido – To provide ID verification of Provider and customer.
• The Disclosure & Barring Service, Disclosure Scotland & Access Northern Ireland – To check DBS credentials at our discretion.
• Google Analytics – To monitor App performance & user experience.
• Mediaburst (Clockwork SMS) – To enable text messaging for activation of accounts.
• SendGrid – To assist in management of emails to users
We use information held about you in the following ways:
•To carry out our obligations to customers as a Platform
•To notify you about changes of our Platform that may affect you
•To ensure that content from our Website and App(s) are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or Device
• To constantly improve our services
• To measure or understand the effectiveness of our advertising to you and others, and to deliver the most relevant advertising to you
• To contact you and make suggestions and recommendations to you about Providers that may interest you or them by email, phone, SMS, mail, push notifications or via our websites or the App • To remind you of your job requests and appointments with Providers
• For administration and internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, data security, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
Beespoke will share your information with the Providers to enable them to provide the requested Service effectively and to effectively manage customer relations.
We also provide your information to selected third parties
• Suppliers for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Platform.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or asset;.
• If Beespoke or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
• To enforce or apply our Terms of Conditions and other agreements; or
• To protect the rights, property, or safety of Beespoke, the Providers or others.
• To law enforcement agencies and regulators in connection with their investigations
• This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We use appropriate technical and organisational safeguards to protect your data. However you should be aware that the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Any transmission is at your own risk.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, for example, the provision of support services of the processing of your payment details. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing use to collect your data by clicking the unsubscribe button in our emails or you can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
You have a right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with the information that we hold about you. In order to exercise this right please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links (such as hyperlinks) from the Platform to other third-party websites not operated by Beespoke or its partners do not constitute an endorsement or association by Beespoke of those websites, their content or its operators. Such links are provided as an information service, for reference and convenience only. Beespoke does not control any such websites, and is not responsible for any content contained on such website. It is your responsibility to independently evaluate the content and usefulness of the information obtained from other websites.
You may also call us on our customer care line between 9am and 10pm Monday to Friday, or 10am to 9pm on Weekends.
Local rate: 07449178275
Calling from abroad: +44 7449178275
The following section is intended for Service Providers
As for Providers, Beespoke will use, process and disclose your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Your personal data will include: your facial image/photo, name, address and contact details, location, using GPS technology, bank details, details of your training, qualifications and experience, results of all checks undertaken, including identity checks, background checks, document image checks and criminal record checks, insurance details, eligibility to work in the UK, language skills, feedback on your services or details of any complaints of clients, any other personal data that we may collect from you or otherwise receive from third parties, details of criminal convictions
Should you become a Provider available on the Platform, you will be required to notify us promptly of any changes to your personal data.
Beespoke may use and disclose your personal information for
the following reasons:
• Contact you in respect of your application to join the online platform
• Invite you for an interview
• Respond to any of your queries
• Undertake identity, background, document image and criminal records checks
• Introduce you (with the use of your online profile) via our Platform or offline to members of the public (Customers) who are seeking Services from professional Service Providers
• Comply with and enforcing any agreement between you and us
• Manage our relationship with you, including the making of payments
• Assist you to make the most of our services
• Deal with any complaints or investigations
• Analysis and research
• Comply with statutory and other legal requirements
• Process in our legitimate interests otherwise as reasonably notified to you
• Disclosure so far as is reasonably necessary externally for the above purposes
• Disclosures for the purposes of undertaking identity, background, document image and criminal records checks.
• Beespoke may monitor your use of our technology and Customer personal data for the purposes of record keeping, to establish facts, to establish compliance with regulatory and self-regulatory procedures, to prevent, detect or investigate: crime; wrongdoing; the unauthorized use of our proprietary technology and/or Customer personal data; non-compliance with any agreement between us and you or any of our practices and procedures.
We may transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area in order to carry on our business.
Service Providers will comply with our privacy
policy, the DPA (Data Protection Act) and other policies and procedures
notified to them by us from time to time.
In respect of any Customer personal data, Service Providers
• Not disclose such personal data unless specifically authorized by us to do so
• Use such personal data only in so far as is necessary for the purpose of carrying out Services for Customers and for no other purpose (including, without limitation, their own marketing purposes)
• Not disclose such personal data to any third party other than on our written instructions or as required by law
• Comply promptly with our instructions in respect of such personal data
• Not allow such personal data to be transferred out of the European Economic Area Immediately forward to us any communications from Customers, regulatory bodies and other third parties concerning such personal data and not respond to or act on such communications without our prior agreement
• Promptly assist us with requests in respect of such personal data
• Will keep, transport and dispose of any Customer personal data securely to prevent unauthorised disclosure, access, loss, destruction or damage to such personal data